First Person Exploration Kit - Feature Roadmap
The latest version is available in the Unity Asset Store.
The follow lists current features and updates in development, which will be released when ready. No firm dates in place at this time.
- Playmaker Integration Tutorial and code samples
- Rewired input conversion with support for keyboard/mouse, and various gamepads (probably XBox One, PlayStation Dual Shock 4, and Nintendo Switch Pro Controller
- Conversion to new Unity 2020+ input system
- Updated UFPS v2.1.9+ implementation guide
- Integration with PixelCrushers Dialog System
- Gaia Tutorial and demo build
- Integration with Unity URP (Unity v2020.3 or later probably)
- "Puzzle Update", including variety of puzzle types, lock picking, safe cracking, hacking, etc.
- Larger selection of included shader and interaction highlight types
- Set of new interaction hint styles (world space icon hints, long distance hints, etc.)
- Support for localization, including very small sample token ID-based localization system for existing UI text values
- Alternate JSON-based saved game system for improved cross-platform build support (Newtonsoft JSON or similar)
- Cut over to more recent minimum supported version (as of v2.2.2 minimum Unity version is v5.6.7, will update to v2018+ LTS once stable enough)
- Seamless integration support for other While Fun Games first person products such as Deluxe Compass Bar and Virtual Snapshot.
- Other small polish items, mini features, and improvements!